Renewing Your EHIC

Share with your friends:

Renewing Your EHIC

Renewing your European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) is a straightforward process. If your address hasn’t changed, you can do it online. Here’s how:

Online Renewal:

  1. Visit the EHIC Online Renewal portal.
  2. You’ll need your old EHIC number and your Personal Public Service (PPS) number.
    • The EHIC number is located at the bottom left of your card. If you don’t have it, you can seek assistance with the renewal.
    • Your PPS number can be found on your card and typically consists of 7 numbers followed by 1 or 2 letters.
  3. After completing the online process, your new EHIC card will be sent to you within 10 working days.

Get Help Renewing: If you encounter any issues renewing your card online, have changed your address, or don’t have your old EHIC number or PPS number, reach out to your local health office. They can assist you with the renewal process, which may require an in-person visit. They will provide guidance on what you need to bring.

Replacing a Lost or Stolen EHIC

If your EHIC card is lost or stolen, don’t worry. You can apply for a replacement at your local public EHIC office. Here’s what you need to do:

  1. Contact the office before visiting to find out what documents you need to bring.
  2. Once your application is processed, you’ll receive your new card by mail within 10 working days.

Changing EHIC Details

You can update your EHIC card with new details, such as a change of address, name, or PPS number. Here’s how:

  1. Visit your local public EHIC office.
  2. Contact the office before your visit to confirm the necessary documents.
  3. Your updated EHIC card will be mailed to you within 10 working days.

Temporary Replacement Certificate

In case of urgency or if you’re traveling abroad and need your EHIC urgently, you can obtain a temporary replacement certificate. Here’s what to do:

Before Travel:

  • Visit your local public EHIC office before your trip.
  • Contact the office beforehand to understand the required documentation.
  • You’ll be provided with a temporary replacement certificate that can be used instead of your EHIC while abroad.

While Abroad:

  • If you find yourself abroad without your EHIC or if it has expired during your travels, contact your local health office.
  • Request a temporary replacement certificate. If one can’t be arranged, you may be charged for treatment.
  • You can apply for a refund for any incurred expenses by email.

Please note that the EHIC provides essential coverage for healthcare when traveling abroad. Ensuring it’s up-to-date and accessible is crucial for your health and peace of mind. Always verify the latest information on the official EHIC website for any changes in procedures.

Renewing, Replacing, and Updating Your EHIC

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *